Our Apple Crumble Challah adds that extra sweetness to our classic recipe.
Ingredients for Dough
- The Challah Box
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup non-dairy/vegan butter or margarine cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Tiny pinch of salt
- While dough is rising, make your filling and topping:
Filling: peel and finely dice the apples. Mix in a bowl with the cinnamon and sugar.
Topping: place all ingredients in a bowl and mix with your fingers to form crumbs. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to braid, make your strands of dough and then roll them out with a rolling pin and place the cinnamon sugar apples in the center of the dough. Roll one edge of the dough over the apples to cover completely and then seal with the other edge of the dough. Braid.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Egg wash and let rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Egg wash again. Sprinkle cinnamon crumb topping on challah.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.