Last updated September 3, 2020
AGREEMENT TO TERMS
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The Site is not tailored to comply with industry-specific regulations (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), etc.), so if your interactions would be subjected to such laws, you may not use this Site. You may not use the Site in a way that would violate the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA).
THE CHALLAH BOX OVERVIEW
THE CHALLAH BOX offers monthly delivery of pre-measured ingredients necessary to bake challah plus simple to follow instructions. The Challah Box only includes non-perishable goods (it does not include eggs).
PRODUCT MANUFACTURE AND INGREDIENTS
THE CHALLAH BOX does not manufacture any of the products we send to you. All products distributed with the THE CHALLAH BOX Box are manufactured by their respective brands. It is your responsibility to review the ingredients to avoid allergic reactions or other side effects personal to you.
U.S. residents who want to report a concern regarding any product obtained from any source can contact the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
You may access the Site from anywhere in the world without incurring any fees. However, you will be required to join THE CHALLAH BOX and be a legal resident of the United States to use or participate in certain Site features and THE CHALLAH BOX Services.
The Site is available to anyone in the world, but the THE CHALLAH BOX Services are limited to legal residents of the United States.
Fees: It's free to use the Site, but the Subscription service requires that you pay a fee. Fees and Billing: Prices are quoted in U.S. dollars. You agree to pay in full the price for each THE CHALLAH BOX Service involving your purchase of a product by credit card, debit card, or by any other payment means acceptable to THE CHALLAH BOX as each payment, if any, is due. Customers will be billed each month for monthly boxes, every 3 months for 3 month subscriptions, every 6 months for 6 month subscriptions, and every 12 months for yearly subscriptions. You agree to pay all applicable taxes, if any. If THE CHALLAH BOX does not receive timely payment from your credit card or debit card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us. Our total price for the THE CHALLAH BOX Subscriptions and Gifts will include the price of the product plus any applicable sales taxes. Such sales taxes are calculated based on the shipping address on file with THE CHALLAH BOX and the sales tax rate in effect at the time of purchase. We will charge tax only in jurisdictions where the goods sold over the Internet are taxable. You are solely responsible for reporting such items on your tax returns and for paying any associated tax liability.
AUTOMATIC RENEWAL TERMS: For THE CHALLAH BOX Services subject to automatic renewal, you agree that THE CHALLAH BOX may submit periodic charges without further authorization from you until you provide notice that you wish to terminate this authorization or change your payment method. You agree that such notice will not affect charges submitted before THE CHALLAH BOX could reasonably act.
Risk of Loss: A third-party carrier will ship any merchandise you purchase from our Site. Title and risk of loss for such merchandise will pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
THE CHALLAH BOX's Right to Revoke, Suspend, or Restrict Eligibility: THE CHALLAH BOX reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel unconfirmed, inactive, or unpaid accounts. THE CHALLAH BOX may, in its sole discretion, for any reason, at any time, revoke, suspend, or restrict your access to the Site or any THE CHALLAH BOX Service. If THE CHALLAH BOX bans you from the Site or any THE CHALLAH BOX Service, you may not return to the Site or use that THE CHALLAH BOX Service for any reason or in any manner including with a new username or identity. In the event that you return, or attempt to return, to the Site or use the THE CHALLAH BOX Service after you've been banned, you will be deemed to have breached this Agreement, and THE CHALLAH BOX reserves the right to pursue all rights and remedies available at law or in equity with respect to such breach.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
You may be required to register with the Site. You agree to keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
THE CHALLAH BOX reserves the right, but does not and shall not have an obligation, to monitor and review all User Content in the THE CHALLAH BOX Online Community and to edit or remove any information or materials that are in violation of this Agreement or applicable law.
We control and operate the Site from the United States. THE CHALLAH BOX does not control User Content postings to the remainder of the THE CHALLAH BOX Online Community. The views expressed in the THE CHALLAH BOX Online Community do not necessarily reflect or represent the views of THE CHALLAH BOX, its staff or stylists.
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
- Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding the Site, you agree that we can use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Contributions provided by you in any area on the Site. You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Site and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
As part of the functionality of the Site, you may link your account with online accounts you have with third-party service providers (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”) by either: (1) providing your Third-Party Account login information through the Site; or (2) allowing us to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account. You represent and warrant that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to us and/or grant us access to your Third-Party Account, without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account, and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by the third-party service provider of the Third-Party Account. By granting us access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that (1) we may access, make available, and store (if applicable) any content that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account (the “Social Network Content”) so that it is available on and through the Site via your account, including without limitation any friend lists and (2) we may submit to and receive from your Third-Party Account additional information to the extent you are notified when you link your account with the Third-Party Account. Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third-Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your account on the Site. Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or our access to such Third Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then Social Network Content may no longer be available on and through the Site. You will have the ability to disable the connection between your account on the Site and your Third-Party Accounts at any time. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS. We make no effort to review any Social Network Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality, or non-infringement, and we are not responsible for any Social Network Content. You acknowledge and agree that we may access your email address book associated with a Third-Party Account and your contacts list stored on your mobile device or tablet computer solely for purposes of identifying and informing you of those contacts who have also registered to use the Site. You can deactivate the connection between the Site and your Third-Party Account by contacting us using the contact information below or through your account settings (if applicable). We will attempt to delete any information stored on our servers that was obtained through such Third-Party Account, except the username and profile picture that become associated with your account.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site ("Submissions") provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE AND CONTENT
Your monthly subscription will automatically renew until you cancel. You may cancel in your account settings or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and following the instructions you receive. Cancellations must be made prior to your auto-renewal date which can be found in your account. If cancelled after that cutoff, you will still receive, and be charged for, the next shipment. If you cancel a 3 or 6 month prepaid plan before the end of the term, you will be responsible for all box fees* incurred prior to the cancellation of your subscription, while any future payments will be canceled. One time gift card orders that do not auto-renew cannot be cancelled or returned.
In the event you cancel your Subscription, please note that we may still send you promotional communications about The Challah Box, unless you opt out of receiving those communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided therein.
We do not accept returns or refunds on subscriptions or items included in subscription boxes. We only replace items if they are defective, damaged, or missing from the shipment. If an item arrives damaged or is missing from your box, send an email to email@example.com within 7 days of delivery and we will mail you a replacement box at no cost. If the item is damaged, you may be asked to email us a photo of the item, which will be used to improve quality assurance processes. In addition, if a discretionary refund is issued for a prepaid monthly subscription, from the refund amount we will deduct the full price of any promotional/free items and boxes that were received prior to the refund.
*All box fees incurred prior to the cancellation of your prepaid subscription will be charged according to the 1 box rate of $45.
When an order is placed, it will be shipped to an address designated by the purchaser as long as that shipping address is compliant with the shipping restrictions contained on the Site. Unless otherwise indicated at the time of your purchase, shipping and handling fees are included with your order. For standard addresses, orders take 4-10 days to arrive while the arrival window for PO Boxes is between 8-14 days.
For loss of shipment, you must notify The Challah Box within 30 days of the date of your purchase if you believe your order is missing or damaged. Replacement of Products and credits to your account for shipped merchandise claimed as not received are subject to our investigation, which may include postal-service notification. We will adjust your account at our discretion. Repeated claims of undelivered merchandise may result in the cancellation of your membership.